Dr. Joseph Lao
Dr. Joseph Lao
Dr. Joseph Lao was born and raised in Las Vegas. He is a Bishop Gorman High School alum and had earned his Bachelor of Sciences Degree from the University of Nevada Las Vegas. In May 2013, Dr. Lao graduated from Western University College of Optometry.
He had completed internships at various locations including: the special populations and vision therapy focused Alderwood Vision Care Therapy Center (WA), Ernest Childers Veteran Affairs Outpatient Clinic (OK), The Villages V.A.Hospital (FL) and the Lyons/East Orange V.A. Outpatient Hospital (NJ).
He has participated in multiple community vision projects such as Angels for Sight, Lion's Club Vision screenings, CareNOW L.A., and the Volunteer Optometric Services to Humanity (VOSH) mission trip to villages in Peru.
Upon graduation he was presented with the College of Optometrists in Vision Development (COVD) Award for Excellence in Vision Therapy at Western University. He conducts vision therapy and binocular vision evaluations including technology which analyzes eye movements while reading.
Vision therapy may alleviate struggles and enhance visual abilities for:
- Learning-related Vision Issues
- Poor Binocular Coordination or Eye-teaming
- Convergence Insufficiency
- Amblyopia (often referred to as "lazy" eye)
- Stress-related Vision Issues (Eyestrain, headaches at near or computer distance, and some incidents of motion sickness)
- Traumatic Brain Issues, Stroke, Head Injury, and special populations
- Sports Vision Development